Papaya is one delicious tropical fruit which is known for its great taste and its numerous health benefits. Every part of the papaya tree, from the fruits to the leaves, is said to have some medicinal properties. What many do not know is that papaya provides multiple skin care benefits, and using it in your skin care routine guarantees you clear, healthy and glowing skin.
Benefits of Papaya for the Skin:
- Because of its low sodium quality, which means there is very little retention of water, it helps to keep your skin hydrated.
- Papaya is a natural skin exfoliator. So, forget all the chemicals.
- Skin discoloration can be a thing of the past when you use papaya.
- It is a good source of Vitamin A and Papain, and so is effective in removing dead skin cells, along with breaking down the inactive proteins.
- Papaya reduces aging on the face.
- It is also effective in treating ringworms on the skin. Just simply rub slices of raw papaya to the ringworm patches.
- Mash a papaya and use it on sore or cracked heels to treat them.
- Eating a papaya and/or using it directly on the skin helps you to achieve soft and smooth skin.
- Making a paste of raw papaya and applying to the face for 25 minutes helps to reduce pimples and blemishes on the face.
Simple Papaya & Honey Face Mask
What You’ll Need
1/2 cup mashed ripe papaya
2 tbsp. warm honey
1. Blend both ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Apply to cleansed face and neck. Leave on for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse off with warm water and a gentle cleanser, then pat dry with a soft towel.
4. Apply moisturizer and go!