Hey guys! How has your week been going? Sadly, school commences on Monday, and that means less time for blogging and more time doing school work. So, since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea to get this post out of the way before I get all tied up with assignments.
For many men, figuring out which gift to give your girl for Valentine’s Day is the hardest thing in the world to do. I’ve heard about way too many incidents where males seriously blew it when it came on to selecting the perfect gift. One incident had to do with a guy getting his girl a tool set so that HE could use it later on. What a joke. Lol. I guess some guys just really don’t have a clue.
But seriously, skip the tool sets, the blenders, the coupons, blah blah blah. Always ensure that you select a gift that you personally think the lady in your life would like. If you guys have been together for a long while, it shouldn’t be that hard figuring out what interests her and what doesn’t. If you have just started dating, taking her out to dinner never gets old, as long as it’s not to KFC or Burger King. Is that even dinner anyways? Please don’t be cheap guys.
If you’re still lost as to what to get, I’ve put together a few gift ideas that won’t break your pocket and will be sure to make her day.
1. Gold foil print wall art has become increasingly popular. Why not get her this hot pink one that reminds her everyday to ‘Dazzle. Shine. Sparkle’? Perfect for her bedroom or even her office.
2. If you have a blogger girlfriend, this ‘I heart my blog’ wall art makes the perfect gift. I know I would love one. 🙂
3. Chocolate treats are always a good option for Valentine’s Day. I mean, which girl doesn’t love chocolate? But did you know chocolate + strawberries = a winning combination for dessert? They’re also easier to make than you think, so you can do it at home for way less. If you make them yourself, that’s a plus in my book.
4. Give a box of beautifully decorated cupcakes if she’s a cake lover. Cupcakes are also super easy to make, and decorating them yourself is such a breeze. Make Youtube and food blogs your best friends for a bit of help and more ideas.
5. Roses are a Valentine’s classic. A bit of advice; absolutely no fake roses! Instead, have a florist design a lovely floral arrangement for you with some of her favourite flowers, or even just a dozen red roses will suffice.
6. If your girlfriend is tech-savvy, there’s no doubt that she has a million and one gadgets. This Stella & Dot Leopard iPad Case is stylish while offering protection for her device. It also flips around to turn into a stand.
6. You can never go wrong with jewelry on Valentine’s Day. Though I’m over heart shaped ones, I couldn’t help but fall in love with this gold tone heart charm bracelet. Great little arm candy.
7. This pair of leopard Jimmy Choo Carrera sunglasses is both stylish and practical, and is useful for anytime of the year.
8. Lingerie is the ultimate sexy gift, which is really a gift for you both. *wink wink*
9. This gold ‘love’ ring comes from a collection influenced by Paris and the Eiffel Tower, is handmade, and is a pretty unique gift. Also available in silver.
10. Many females are handbag fans. However, do not purchase knockoffs as gifts. That’s just awful. Instead, opt for a mini like this one from Rebecca Minkoff which is also available in other colours.
11. Number 11 goes to this really cute pillow I found while browsing online which says ‘I love us.”. Says it all, right?