Happy New Year Everyone! Can you believe it’s 2017 already? For me, it seriously feels like 2016 went by so fast! It was a year of ups and downs, twists and turns, and so many challenges, but “every experience no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it”. I’m ready to make 2017 a really great year regardless of the challenges I might face, and I am determined to get through them and learn from the difficult moments, just like I did within the past year.
I did set a few goals for this year for myself, my blog and travelling; some I have been working towards for quite a while now, so I believe they are much more achievable at this point. Not only did I want to share them with you, but I wanted to use my blog to document the progress, so I’m very excited about that as well. Here are just a few I would love to come to fruition in 2017:
1. Buy a car! This is possibly number one on my list overall, and I’m looking forward to making this happen by the end of June as a birthday gift to myself. I have an amazing boyfriend and family who never hesitate to bring me around when I need to, but having my own would allow for more freedom.
2. Get my driver’s licence. Pretty straightforward!
3. Eat healthier and go to the gym at least twice per week. I started the gym in July of 2016 but that ended quickly. I felt so much better mentally and physically when I would workout, so I want to be hitting the gym at least twice per week and spend more time preparing and eating more healthy, balanced meals.
4. Read a book each month. Just last week I created a list of twelve books and placed them on my reading list for the year. Reading was one of my favourite hobbies growing up, yet I can’t tell the last time I picked a good book up, so I’d love to start doing this again.
5. Be grateful for the small things. As humans, sometimes we forget to take a step back and appreciate the little things. This year I want to always take a moment to be thankful for the things I take for granted, no matter how tiny they may seem.
1. Be more consistent with blogging and social media. I definitely slacked off this year with my blog and social media, but I really needed the break to figure out the direction I truly wanted to go as it relates to my little space. Over the past month I did a lot of brainstorming and planning, and now I’m ready to go for it. Look out for a few more partnerships with some amazing brands!
2. Start a YouTube channel. I was a little nervous about jumping into this, but I was definitely looking into ways I could get a little more reach with my content, so I’ve decided to create a channel to feature lookbooks, hauls, travels, etc.
1. Visit the Dominican Republic.
2. Go hiking in the Blue Mountains.
I really hope you all have a wonderful 2017, and I wish for you great success and good health for the new year. Let’s make 2017 a great year together!