Hands up if you woke up to yummy chocolate and beautiful red roses this morning. Hey, no biggie if you didn’t! It’s Valentine’s Day which means everybody is posting their bae on IG, putting together their outfit and makeup for a fabulous dinner date tonight, and showing off all their fancy VDay gifts. If you’re single or you just don’t buy into the whole VDay business, there’s absolutely no reason to feel left out on this wonderful ‘day of love’ as we know it. Here are 5 things you can do to get through today – no bae involved.
1. Treat yourself to an at-home spa day. Bust out the wine, the chocolate covered strawberries, light some candles and turn on some music, fill that bathtub and relax with your favourite bath bombs. Relaxation at its finest.
2. Have a GNO and head out for dinner with your friends. No bae, no problem! If you have a bunch of single girlfriends, then get glammed up and visit a fancy restaurant you’ve been dying to try.
3. Binge-watch a series. Netflix and chill with an entire season of your favourite series or find a new one that’s been on your to-watch list. Order some pizza and wings, get cozy on the couch, and you’re all set.
4. Read a book. Today’s the day to get started on those books from your reading list. A nice cup of coffee, a good book, and a super cozy blanket does the trick.
5. Shop online. That palette you’ve been wanting? Get it. That dress you’ve had your eyes on? Get it. Not only do you get away today with splurging a little, but there are tons of sales going on currently that will save you some money while doing it.